Sunday, April 3, 2011

The time has come...

Those of us afflicted by the itch of the traveler’s wandering foot know the mixed emotion accompanying a stationary life at home.  I’ve been home for less than a year now, and while it has been wonderful to be surrounded by friends and family and those nearest and dearest to my heart, it has also been challenging as I’ve always felt like some of my travel time was taken from me when I chose to leave Kosrae earlier than anticipated.  The past year has brought me many wonderful moments, including the adoption of my boogaloo princess (Stevie Toots, the Wonder Pooch), and I am thankful for having had the opportunity to grow with the people in my life, as well as to have made new connections.  That all said, the universe has brought me new and exciting prospects that involve wandering about again.  This time, a significant amount closer to home (which means, ya’ll better come visit!).  I welcome this opportunity with a full and open heart and cannot wait to be reunited with the sea, southern sun, and warm breeze.  I’ve traded in the Pacific Ocean for the Caribbean Sea this time around; island of ‘wacngin’ for island ‘o plenty.  In fact, if we all listen closely, I think we can hear the stingrays calling my name.  I will be arriving in the Cayman Islands to begin a year-long adventure towards the end of May.  I can’t wait to unleash my inner island girl and slap on some fins and a regulator…    stay tuned.   


(photo: Orchids in Oahu, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment