This weekend has brought some excitement. Just as I was beginning to feel that I was running out of things to write to you, my dear readers, I’ve found myself with quite the tale. Told best in photos, I encourage you to glimpse at the photo closely, which I’ve zoomed in on for your viewing pleasure. P.S. For those of you who don't spend substantial time gazing at my toes, I don't normally have a giant gap between my baby and... "ring finger" {?} toes. I have a whole sequence of photos, but sadly the blog wouldn't allow me to properly upload a sequence.
Lesson learned : balance is required for palm strolls.
Yes, I have broken my toe.
Yes, I have broken my toe.
A nice Saturday afternoon bike ride with my roommate turned into quite the adventure. While I was in a fair bit of pain, my roommate wasn’t prepared for my typical reaction to falling/ getting hurt. Those who have witnessed my participation in either of said events know that nervous, hysterical laughter is my common reaction. So, while I laughed hysterically in the surf, yelling out ‘no, really… my toe is broken’, my roommie happily snapped more photos. You can thank her later for the photo chronicling. I reset the bone immediately, out of sheer shock, to be fully honest. Thinking back I’m not sure what possessed me to reach down and snap the toe back into place, but in hindsight I’m thankful I did. Another trip to the hospital isn’t exactly my idea of a Saturday well spent. Since a 2 mile bike ride back home was necessary to initiate what I affectionately referred to as “Grilled Cheese and White Wolf (really cheap vodka) Therapy”, resetting was the only option. I sang at the top of my lungs the whole way home to distract myself from the pain, and nearly lost my roommate to falling off her bike from laughter at my made-up pained sing-along.
We’ll see how the next couple of weeks treat me with hobbling about, and with non-motorized transportation. My biggest fear is re-injuring it. With the holidays approaching, I hope I can heal quickly as I certainly have places to go!
perhaps your pirate friend at the hospital could help coax the healing process... haha
ReplyDeleteI toe you..... be careful!!!
ReplyDeleteDad
xoxo
I could immediately see from the picture the hysterical laughter. I hope your toe is okay! Miss that wonderful smile and laugh.
ReplyDeleteis it bad that i laughed out loud at your pain??? i couldn't help it, i was picturing your hysteria- the painful laughter. hehe we are too much alike in all the most disasterous ways
ReplyDelete