

The Story in Photos: I decided one Saturday afternoon dancing along a palm overhanging the ocean by over 5 feet was a splendid idea. I lost my balance after after trying to stand up after laying on it for some time admiring the ocean spray and sunshiney day. The ocean floor is not delightfully sandy beach, but instead purely reef and coral rock. Luckily I went feet first, as a face plant into coral would have been far more damaging.
My toe is healing nicely now, and luckily does not impede my ability to ride my new Huffy. The bones seem to be back in the joint correctly, and the swelling and bruising have gone down considerably. Local medicine dictates using the leaves and juice from the fruit of the Noni tree, as well as natural coconut oil. Sleeping with my toe wrapped in Noni leaves, I believe, really did promote healing.
All in all, another war wound to take home with me after this journey.
Here's to another 6 months sans broken bones!
OUCH...new meaning to the phrase "toe-jam".
ReplyDelete