Sunday, July 5, 2009

T-10 to Take-Off


Time certainly is ticking by at an alarming rate.  I have somehow found myself with 10 Canadian days remaining, and an awful lot to pack in.  I have really enjoyed the Bon Voyage events that have passed, and look forward to bumping into those I have missed at Bluesfest.  You have all been so good to me in biding me a fun farewell, and while it comes with some sadness, I anticipate that the Welcome Home events (yes, I expect parties!) will be here sooner than we think.  

I'm in a strange transitory phase now.  Having officially closed the door on my apartment for the very last time on Tuesday, I'm now homeless/ sleeping on your couch.  While it certainly does have some nostalgia attached to it, the move 'just feels right'.  I wish there was a less cliche way to put it, but some dramatic life changes just feel at peace, and for me, this is one of those.  Six years in that apartment have brought so many of us so many great times, but letting it go at a high-point makes me feel content.  Thanks to some awesome peeps, and one helluva adorable baby nephew, we closed that door with laughs and love.  

I depart the sappy thoughts to tell you that I am now officially a "Skyper" (*internet dweeb cheers*), so please get on that ya'll.  The new video features will put my freckly, sun-kissed face in real time in your own living room (whether you want it there or not), and for those who are skype-resistant, I will even be able to text your cell from my computer (forgive me if this is redundant for some of you; it's all new techno-glam to me).  My understanding is that we're facing roughly a 15 hour time difference; with me being 15hours ahead of home-time.

So for those whose presence I won't get to grace with my dirty Bluesfest footsies over the next 10 days, please do keep in touch, in whatever capacity you can.  That said, please do not text or try my cell number as I will have passed on the number/ contract to someone else, as of July 15th.  

Much Love. 


(photo: Limón on Carate Beach, Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment