Tuesday, June 2, 2009

D-Day.


I received word of an official departure date    
and itinerary today *deep breath*  

Wednesday July 15th - Fly to LA from home or Syracuse (who's up for a roadie?!), overnight in LA & meet with my future friends/ coworkers/ roommates

Thursday, July 16th - Depart LA, arrive in Honolulu by early afternoon (HEAD FOR THE BEACH!), stay overnight in Honolulu (shucks!)

Friday, July 17th - Depart Honolulu, for Micro 

Saturday, July 18th - Arrival on my cozy new island (we pass the international dateline).  This is also the day I likely decide I never want to step foot in an airport again.

It's quite the doozy of an itinerary, but I suppose that is to be expected when you're traveling to the other side of the world. 

I have been waiting for my departure date for 4 months now, but it still came with a figurative whack-to-the-face.  The emotional goulash that I experienced when I read my acceptance letter was relived, yet again.  It's somewhat of a cherry pie coated in a wild reality check, sweetened with a HOLY SHIT, and a dollop of A.Mazing.  The aftertaste of missing key figures in my life is a little less technicolour, I digress.  

6 comments:

  1. be sure to take a good camera to update us on all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where is my VITAMIN D....and E......and B12

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. being a novice, Ralph screwed up the first post.
    picture this....Jan20, 2010. It's 8am, 8cm are on the ground, 15cm to go. Wipers are fighting a losing battle and one of my kids is in desperate need of some vigaro. You're standed on Kosrae and I'm stranded on strandherd...what's fair about that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best visual, Ralph! Remember to keep that vigaro handy - but more importantly - take GOOD care of those orangutans for me while I'm away (and that goes to all you A-Team Folk)

    ReplyDelete