Get your Daily Dose of Vitamin C, and keep track of Lemonie at www.islandfreshlemonie.blogspot.com
Become a Limey today!
"Scurvy has been known since ancient times. People in many parts of the world assumed it was caused by a lack of fresh plant foods. The British Navy started giving sailors lemon juice to prevent scurvy in 1795. Limes became even more popular as they could be found in British West Indian Colonies, unlike lemons, and were therefore less expensive. This practice led to the American use of the nickname "limey" to refer to the British.
Scurvy is an avitaminosis resulting from lack of vitamin C, since without this vitamin, the synthesised collagen is too unstable to perform its function. Scurvy leads to the formation of liver spots on the skin, spongy gums, and bleeding from all mucous membranes. The spots are most abundant on the thighs and legs, and a person with the ailment looks pale, feels depressed, and is partially immobilized. In advanced scurvy there are open, suppurating wounds and loss of teeth and, eventually, death. The human body can store only a certain amount of vitamin C, and so the body soon depletes itself if fresh supplies are not consumed.
It has been shown that smokers who have diets poor in vitamin C are at a higher risk of lung-borne diseases." (so says Wikipedia)
So, QUIT SMOKING, and get your Daily Vitamin C HERE!
Keep track of me while I'm Island Fresh!
Much Love,
(soon-to-be) Island Fresh Lemonie
Hi Lemonie its a good thing that your a teacher and not just a mere layman imagine how many times it would have taken you to get the blog addy right on this interweb thingy.
ReplyDeleteWill print the blog and pass it on to Grandma.
I LOVE YOU!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow - I think I might be able to do this technical thingie and keep track of you!! I am excited for your upcoming adventure and look forward to being able to hear about it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun on your trip. Eat your lemons, lemonie!! I'll keep you posted on what is happening on the "Java" front at home in Canada.
ReplyDeleteUNOWHUT?!?! We're going to miss you when you're gone :)
ReplyDeleteYa, I did it Lemonie! I am on. I did it all by myself too! I can hardly wait to read about and see pictures of all your adventures!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Thank you for keeping us appraised of your condition.
ReplyDeleteLemonie..............my last comment didn't get posted.....thanks for the HELP !!!
ReplyDeleteHey, Ho with no W... if you were paying attention to ME instead of your KNEES earlier today, you'd realize that you commented on the D-Day post, not this one! Sheese! How will you ever manage without me, once I'm gone?!
ReplyDelete