Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bliss


Somehow one month has flown by since I left Canada behind this round.  It has been a busy month indeed.  I definitely feel settled here in many respects.  Working full force immediately helped that process along.  I’m in a stable routine and feel comfy with it.  I’ve spent my weekends at the beach, and have made some social networks.  I decided on settling on a house share with two other girls to help me break into social circles, since I’ll be so isolated at work.  They’re lovely girls who have helped me with the ropes, and have shown me around a bit.  My weekends have been spent at different beaches, and in different stages of lounging about lazily with books and cold drinks.  It’s hot here!  There isn’t much sense doing anything else!  The beauty of the Caribbean Sea is breath-taking.  Of all of the beaches I’ve sank my bum into, those on the Caribbean Sea are definitely my favourites.  The clarity and shocking turquoise of the water is just stunning.  I have the luxury of spending my lunchbreaks at different beaches with my peanut-butter sandwiches and the sound of the waves.  I’ve never found something to provide such a revitalizing mental break.  I really do believe I am a child of the sea, and will happily float in it for an entire afternoon given any opportunity.  Shockingly, I haven’t been on a dive yet.  I had some touch-and-go lungs after my arrival (which is typical for me with stress or major change), and I picked up a cold in my second week, so this is the first weekend I’ve felt my lungs are 100%.  Hopefully that means I will wet my gills next weekend, and visit my deep sea friends.  Let’s hope that will provide us with a more exciting blog update.  I feel like I should have more tales full of excitement for you, but it's been pretty low-key.  I have been relaxed and concentrating on just how thankful I am to be here.   Appreciating every moment of it is my ultimate goal.  My only wish is that you could all be here to enjoy it with me!  


(photo: Governor's Beach, Seven Mile, Grand Cayman, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment