Sunday, December 9, 2012

Bandwagons....



In recent days, weeks, and months several of the people I hold dear have said “you need to start blogging again”.  Truth be told, I’m indulging in island laze, and attempting to not spend quite as much time with my own thoughts (instead opting to spend more time being present in my surroundings and their sensory elements, and making an effort to clear my mind).  It is also true that it’s been ages since I’ve made an effort to update, so perhaps it’s time to start back-logging.  I'm quite shocked to see as I've signed in today to re-comit to my rambles, it's been exactly a year since I've written.

One of the people who had so recently encouraged me to begin rambling again was a dear friend who unexpectedly passed away 2 weeks from today.  I must admit it is mostly by him that I have finally been pushed to the edge of the blogosphere….  And here I sit with my morning tea and thoughts. 

While I won’t ramble too much about the passing of that friend, I will say – in case there is some cosmic chance his soul may wander upon this – I commit myself truly to living life to it’s absolute fullest for the moments you didn’t get to hold, my dear.  I will envision your smile and zest for life every day, and include it in my own actions as much as I possibly can.  I vow to be grateful enough for both of us, for each and every thing I receive each day.  I am so thankful for the recent exchanges I had with you, as there are so many lessons for me in them to take forth on the rest of my journey.  I see reminders of you, all around me, and am thankful for the beauty of each one.  Thank you for everything.  Rest peacefully.  Love.  Love.  Love. 

------------------------------------

I know many will be shocked, but more often than not I find myself with simply so little to say.  I am lost as to the cause of this.  It is age?  It is contentedness with my current life?  Is it a lackluster (I certainly hope not)?  I will choose to simply reflect on it. 
(I am smiling as I sit here – thinking of all of those who
I know are thinking “Finally!  Melanie has nothing to say”!). 

Yet, I commit to begin to ramble on for those who have asked, as life certainly is far too short.  Admittedly, I have not taken enough time over the past 18 months of Cayman living to update those who are in my thoughts – so let the effort commence! 

I know many people are awaiting news of my summer travels that I haven’t spoken to everyone about, so stay tuned in upcoming days for a full account of obstacles and what they help us achieve… or not achieve… or sit at a computer screen and talk about achieving things that we haven’t yet achieved (that one was for you, Dave). 

Much love and sandy, salty hugs being sent to each and every one of you.
xx  m

(The blurry photo was taken over a year ago, here in Cayman.  It’s suitable for this moment, due to the conversations I had with my friend about Plumeria and to show that these sandy toes will continue to journey on in reflection of the path he didn’t get to embark on, but so recently shared hope of). 

1 comment:

  1. First I am very sorry to hear about your loss. May you find the type of peace you can in these situations.

    Secondly I am excited to for your rambles. I love them! I blame being too busy living in the moment to not have time to babble!

    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete