Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kuta Craze

For all of those worried/ wondering, I have arrived alive in Kuta. Being a small-island girl has left me very ill prepared for the hustle and bustle of Kuta, but alas - by day three - I am now braving the shop-owners and hopping around motorbikes on the street to save my life. I did not expect so much insanity, and genuinely needed a full day of just staying in the hotel by the pool trying to psyche myself up for the streets and shop owners. Today's mission will be to journey to Ubud, where it is slightly calmer, and closer to temples, volcanoes, sacred monkey forests, and all other things that drew me here. While Kuta is ridiculously cheap, and a shopping haven (today I wandered the streets for nearly 3 hours without entering a single shop, and still did not find the end of them), I yearn for more serenity. True, I have that in Kosrae, but I'm more interested in Balinese culture, than that of the Aussie tourists on holiday at the moment.

Only 2 weeks remaining in Bali, and I will try to spend it in bliss. My birthday is screaming 'massage on the beach'!

1 comment:

  1. My,Oh my. You really are a woman of the world. I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your adventures. I hope you get to see your favorites. And as for that birthday massage on the beach. Go for it. You deserve it. Final tomorrow, last day of class. I will need to sleep for a week when this is over.

    ReplyDelete